1882 St. Mary's Chapel of Ease founded– Grace Church, Silver Spring.
1949 Became a mission parish of the Diocese of Washington.
1951 The Rev. W. Donald Taylor became the Vicar then became the founding Rector.
1955 The Episcopal Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Wheaton Parish was officially formed.
1959 New Church Building was built.
(Membership Peaked at 750 and Sunday School 400)
1973 Education wing complete – Former chapel burnt in fire.
1986 Mortgage paid off.
1987 Church was consecrated by Bishop Walker.
1989 The Rev. W. Donald Taylor retired.
1991 The Rev. Guy Fouts became the second Rector.
1999 The Rev. Guy Fouts finished his time at the parish.
2001 The Rev. Susan Keller Rector became the third Rector.
2005 The Rev. Susan Keller finished her tenure at the parish.
2009 The Rev. Ann Moczydlowski became the fourth Rector.
2015 The Rev. Ann Moczydlowski finished her tenure at the parish.
2016 Sarah Lamming started as Priest-in-Charge.
2017 Misa Magdalena was planted, a third service that was in Spanish and focused on the pastoral needs of the Latino and Hispanic communities. The Rev. Sarabeth Goodwin leads this mission.
2018 The Rev. Sarah Lamming was called as the fifth Rector.