The vestry of St. Mary Magdalene's has the responsibility of advancing the mission of our parish, which is to form and support disciples of Jesus. We exist to listen, to learn, to love, to share, to tell of what God has done for us. Each year we nominate new candidates for the open positions on the vestry.
- Support the Rector in providing vision and leadership for the parish.
- Support the life of the church through regular giving, worship, participation, and prayer for the church and its mission.
- Model the Christian life of discipleship by proclaiming the good news in word and deed.
- Have a willingness to represent the interests of all parish members.
- Exercise confidentiality and practice healthy, honest, open communication patterns in the parish.
- Prepare for and attend monthly Vestry meetings and the annual Vestry retreat.
- Manage funds and provide oversight of church finances and spending.
- Support church stewardship, planned giving, and fund raising.
- Oversee and manage church property, improvement, and construction.
- Provide support for personnel matters.
- Choose individuals to serve in various leadership roles and committees as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between parish members, clergy, and staff.
Vestry Leadership – and Areas of Focus
Michele Glidden – Sr. Warden
Ola Cole – Jr. Warden
Carol Gardner – Secretary
Bertha Bright-Marke – Fellowship
Flavia Threatt – Gifts, Memorials, Bequests
Alice O’ Donnell – Grounds
Fritz Saintime – Stewardship
Martha Del Valle